Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sisters

When I found out I was pregnant I was very worried about my first child Prissy. She is 8 years old and we have been through thick and thin together. I hated everyone telling me she would suddenly be forgotten. I knew that could never happen but I worried how she would adjust to having a little one around and not getting 100% of my attention. I prayed that she would adjust well and love her new sister. Chris reassured me that she was going to do great and be very protective of Madelyn. Once the nursery was complete Prissy new something was going on. As I got further along in my pregnancy she became even more protective of me. There were days that she would lay on my stomach and Maddie would start kicking and Prissy could feel her. Prissy didn’t like that but she accepted that this was now part of life. The first time the two met Prissy knew she had a new member of the family to guard and protect! After returning from outside she goes to the cradle, her room, the bouncy seat and the swing until she finds her sister. When I rock Madelyn to sleep in her room Prissy is right there with us. I feel so relieved that she loves her sister! She has been so good with her. I know sometimes she must get jealous and a little peeved but she is doing great! She has had to adjust. We no longer play fetch after 9 pm because we are trying to calm things down for Maddie and sometimes she has to wait for Maddie to finish her bottle before she is fed but overall she is adjusting well!

No comments:

Post a Comment