Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Splashing Around!

Sunday we decided to let Maddie experience the pool for the first time. Nanny (Michelle) gave her a swimsuit at one of my showers and I have been dying to see her in it! So Sunday morning I ran to Wal-Mart and purchased a baby pool. Chris blew it up and filled it up with water and let it set in the sun for a while to warm up the water. By early afternoon we were all ready. She was dressed for the occasion with a swimsuit, cover up, sunglasses, and a hat! My Mom and Lavonda came over for the occasion. I think we all had more fun than Maddie. She seemed to love the water. All smiles and no crying were our clue! Prissy was dying to get in the water too but she was fresh from the doggy spa and I didn’t want her getting yucky. After Maddie’s little swim we all came in from the heat and Maddie took a nice long nap while we finished the day with football and homemade seafood enchiladas.

This week is going to be a busy but great week!  It will be my first time to volunteer at the ccc sale (a semi- anual childrens consingment sale at Harvey Hall), Maddie has her 2 month Dr visit, Chris' birthday, Friday is date night, and next Monday is my first MOPS meeting!  So much to look forward to!

Learn more about the ccc sale at

Find a MOPS group in your area

Updates to come on how the family survived the week! 


Looking like a star!
Her pool full of Dad's hot air.

No comments:

Post a Comment