Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy Parenting

I have been sick for about 4 days now so I thought I might blog to keep me from going stir crazy!
Someone asked me the other day what was the hardest part of parenting.  I have been thinking about this since day one and my answer stays the same.
No it is not lack of sleep (although that is up there).  I believe it is knowing that EVERY decision we make as parents affect the future of our children.  From birth to death we make them who they are.  I personally look as some of the things I have done and think, "Well she will have something to talk about in therapy when she grows up!"  All we can do is trust in the lord and raise our kids the way He wants us to.  Although some personality types like mine obsese over everything from what she eats, toxic enviroment and energy to raising her God's way.
So that my friends is my answer...The hardest part of parenting is wondering if you are screwing up your kids!
Happy Parenting from me to you!

1 comment:

  1. Yes indeed! That would be my answer too :-)
    Thankfully, His grace is more than sufficient to cover all of our mistakes and He can "fix" what we mess up! Many times I have said to Him, Lord, please redeem this ______________ (insert: my mistake, my bad choice, my loss of control, my impatience in that situation, my unrealistic expectations, etc.) in my children. Please use it for their good and Your glory. And He will... and he will also use these things to grow them into the people He wants them to be. So rest in the fact that He knew that He was giving all of our children to imperfect people. We'll never have all the answers and we'll never get it right 100% of the time. But enjoy the journey and rest in His grace every day. Know that every day is a new day and His mercies are new every morning!

    ReplyDelete