Thursday, January 28, 2010

We find out Saturday!

We have decided to go to a place called Stork Vision to find out the sex of our baby.  It is a very home like environment that is totally different than a clinic.  They have comfortable seating for everyone and you get to see the sonogram on a big tv screen.  You also get to take a DVD of your baby home along with digital pictures!  Wow how cool is that?  For those of you who know my family well know that we never do anything alone so that being said the whole family will be there and learn the news with us.  It is starting to sink in that in less than 48 hours that the baby will no longer be called peanut but will actually have a name.  I pray not for one sex or another to be on that screen Saturday morning but to have a healthy baby on the screen.  Finding out the sex is just a bonus for us.

Why Stork Vision and not the normal sonogram you ask...
Well today when I called to set up our sonogram appt I found out that they were not going to do it until early March.  Yep that messed up my whole timeline!  I had already planned the weekends that we would paint, put up funiture and so on.  I wanted to scream...."You are messing up everything!" but I didn't I just found another way!  I don't take no for answer very well, but I don't have to tell you that. 
I asked the wonderfully nice lady why they make you wait till 22 weeks to find out the sex and she had a very good answer.  They do not wait because you must be 22 weeks to figure out the sex it is to get a better view and measurement of all the organs to make sure that they are working correctly.  Okay, that I understand but I want to know the sex now so we are finding out the sex this Saturday.
Please know that the only reason we wouldn't find out on Saturday is if Chris gets sent to Oklahoma for work due to the bad weather.  So everyone pray that good weather across the map and a healthy baby on the screen!  We will keep you posted!  Any ideas if "Peanut" is a boy or a girl? So far most people think a boy.  I palm reader told me a boy (not that I pay or go to palm readers as a practice and this was way before I was prego) but the chinese calendar says girl.  Only God knows until Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment