Monday, October 25, 2010

Moving on

I apologize that it has been so long since my last blog. Our internet has been down do to all the storms we have had. We have a lot of catching up to do!


I wanted to share this story with you.

Last Thursday I was watching Private Practice and a baby was born that wasn’t breathing. Suddenly everything that we went through with Madelyn came back to me and I lost it. I couldn’t stop crying. The next day I went to lunch with my Mom and I was telling her what had happened the night before. I asked her when I was going to be able to get over it all. She assured me that it would take some time. She left to go to the bathroom when the waitress walked up and asked how old Maddie was. I told her and she continued to tell me that she had three boys but the youngest one died 11 hours after his birth. Suddenly it hit me. That was God working!!! He was telling me to get over it! We have a healthy beautiful baby girl and things could be so much worse! We don’t know all the damage if any that Maddie suffered from her horrible birth and we won’t know until we see if she reaches her milestones and how she develops as she gets older. But I can’t go around waiting for the other shoe to drop or living in the past! I must live for the day and enjoy the moment!

This is not easy for me to share with you but I wanted you to see how God placed this waitress in my life at the perfect time to teach me a lesson. He is amazing.

I know thinking about her birth will still bring tears to my eyes from time to time but I know that we are so blessed to have our beautiful baby girl.

2 comments:

  1. Talk about a Devine appointment! You're so wise to recognize that God put that waitress at your table that day and that she would share that with you! Just another way He shows His goodness and faithfulness to us; and how well he intimately knows us - because He knew that's exactly what you needed at that point!

    By you sharing this - God is getting the glory. Satan is the one that wants to occupy your mind with those thoughts and like you said - you can't dwell on the past!

    There will probably be many more times when the story of her birth will bring to comfort others (2 Corninthians 1:4)and bring glory to God.

    Thank you, God, that you know the plans you have for Madelyn, plans to prosper her and not to harm her. Plans to give her a hope and a future!

    P.S. -
    Sorry to be so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would NEVER be one to tell you to move on..I can't imagine how scary it would have been to be in your shoes, honestly. But I would like to encourage you to cherish EVERY moment you have with that beautiful girl of yours! If I have learned anything in the last year, it is that life is so precious and we should CELEBRATE each moment we have with the ones we love....especially our children! I am glad that God sent that waitress to you and I am saying a prayer for you right now...that God would wrap you in His comfort and provide a peace that "surpasses all understanding" You have a beautiful daughter...and that's enough for today!

    ReplyDelete