Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Madelyn's Room

A few weekends ago Chris started painting her room. It is pink of course! He has finished with the three walls that are solid pink and he has one wall left that is going to be pink on pink stripes. When he is finished I will post photos. The bedding is going to be made of several vintage fabrics that are a rosy pink and a soft green. A very sweet old friend of ours is making the bedding! We are so blessed and very excited to see it all put together. Most of you know that the crib, dresser, and changing table where purchased a while back (because I don’t let grass grow under my feet!) and are being held for us at the store. As soon as Chris finishes painting the room we will go pick up the furniture and put it all together. Yep we may be calling some of you for help with this task!


Two weekends ago my in-laws and I went shopping for a glider for the baby’s room. You know me, it had to be perfect! I have been told that I will spend many hours in this chair in the middle of the night! After visiting every furniture store in Tyler and Longview (yes every one! I didn’t even know some existed!!!) we found the perfect glider that swivels at Havertys furniture in Tyler. It is sitting patiently wrapped in plastic in the garage waiting for its big debut in the nursery.

It is all coming together nicely! Below is a picture of the glider (it is ivory) and I will post pictures of the room when Chris is finished painting.
 

1 comment:

  1. The chair looks comfy! I hope I get to sit it in and rock her too!

    ReplyDelete