Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Resolution Update!

Since yesterday was Feb 1st I decided to update everyone on my New Years Resolutions. I honestly can’t remember when I have stuck with my resolutions this long. So I guess I am off to a good start.


1. Be open and honest (to not care about what others think)
This is a daily struggle that I ask God for help with every day but I do think I have come a long way. I have recently voiced my option on my blog about friendship and the other day a lady at Sams commented on how Maddie didn’t have shoes on. She had the cute socks on that looked like shoes and it was 70 degrees outside! I normally would have let this bother me so that I would have gone out shoe shopping for her and never left the house again without shoes on her feet but I blew it off!

2. Loss weight
I have started a new lifestyle of eating healthy and natural! I don’t want to say diet it is more of a life style. I started this lifestyle 2 weeks ago and so far I have lost 6.5 lbs. It is pretty simple really…I became as picky about what I put in my mouth as I am what I put in Maddie’s. ( As natural and pure as possible) It is not just about the weight it is about health and I want to set a great example for my daughter. I am embarrassed to say that I have not exercised but I haven’t that is on the to list . I want to find something I love that I can fit into my schedule.

3. To Update the blog twice a week
Well I haven’t gone back and checked but I do know it is more frequent than ever….but you all are still not helping me! I need comments or followers so I know I am writing this for someone!

4.To Relax and be present in every moment
God and I are working on this. Lately I have had many of reasons not to relax. This has been a crazy month but I am working on relying God for peace of mind and letting what I can’t control go. Being present in every moment is something I make a conscience effort to do every day. When I find my mind drifting to all the things that need to be done I have tried to write them down and put it on the schedule for another day and enjoy what is in front of me!

SO one month down and I am feeling like I have a new lifestyle of physical health and mental health that is going to make me a better person for my family. I don’t think I set unrealistic goal and I didn’t want to. I wanted to make a lifestyle change not just a resolution that would last a month or two.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Erin! This is awesome! Your daughter is precious! I hope you are doing well and I wanted to let you know that I read your blog and love that you are not allowing other peoples negative ways effect yours-what a powerful way to live life. Keep it up-resolutions are hard to keep but I think you have it right by calling them lifestyle changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way go to!!!! You can count on me to always read your blog :)

    ReplyDelete