Monday, January 10, 2011

Milestone for Mommy

Well New Years eve was a HUGE milestone for me! Maddie spent the night at her Mimi’s house! Until then the longest time I had spent away from her was 12 hours. Those 12 hours were only because I have to go to Dallas for meetings. Most days I am only away from her about 5 to 6 hours. I know most of you are thinking it took 6 months to have a night away from her. Yes it did! Don’t judge me!!! Chris and I have a dates but they have only been for a few hours so this was very special. We dropped her off about 6 and picked her up the next day around noon. So yes it still wasn’t even 24 hours but it was a big deal to me! I prefer to take baby steps! She did amazing and slept all night for Mimi! I did pretty good too! I only cried twice and Chris assured me we could go get her anytime! My next goal 24 hours! It is not that I don’t trust my mom with her, I just don’t want to miss a thing! But I know it is healthy for our marriage to have time alone together and having a healthy marriage is good for Maddie!
Chris and I had a great night out and enjoyed sleeping in the next morning!  The next day we celebrated New years day and Maddie's 6 month birthday.  Wow I can't believe she is already a 1/2 a year old.  Time flies when your having the time of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment